Here is a list of things you should remember when you are taking the driving Ottawa Walkley G Road Test:
- Be very familiar with the test route. You can find the map here.
- Always use the rightmost lane. The examiner almost never tells you to do so.
- Before each turn do the shoulder check. And you should sort of over exaggerate it so they know you remembered.
- You will be asked to merge to the Airport highway, remember to reach the speed of 80km/h before merging.
- Try to practice the green/yellow lights to get comfortable about when to pass a yellow light and when to stop.
- Always remember the signals!
During the test you will be asked to do the followings:
- Answer a couple of questions like “have you ever driven in a highway?” (The right answer is yes btw)
- Parallel parking (Part G in the map)
- Passing an intersection with a stop sign (Part D)
- Passing a traffic intersection (Bank/Wakley intersection)
- Changing lanes in highway and residential areas (Part F and D)
- Emergency stop (Part E)
- Three-point turn (Part E)